Dear Austin ISD Families,
We have a free COVID-19 (Pfizer) vaccine opportunity available for our AISD Community, all family members included, 12 years of age and older. This opportunity is being hosted by Travis County Vaccine Collaborative. Walk-ins welcome, no insurance required.
- Date: Wednesday, October 6
- Time: 4-8 p.m.
- Location: Kealing Middle School (1607 Pennsylvania Ave. Austin, TX 78702)
- Cafeteria (front entrance)
- Clinic Type: Walk-in
- Vaccine available: Pfizer
- Students, staff and visitors are required to wear face masks when on district properties.
- A parent or guardian must be present with 12-17-year-olds.
- No registration is required.
We want everyone in our community to be safe and get back to hugging our families and friends, and shaking hands with our neighbors. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine adds the best available protection for you and your loved ones. Here are some key points about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- You may have side effects after vaccination. These are normal and should go away in a few days.
- It typically takes two weeks after vaccination for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19. You are not fully vaccinated until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a one-dose vaccine.
- People who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after a close contact to COVID-19 (if they are not symptomatic).
- People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
- Bust myths and learn the facts about COVID-19 vaccines.
- Questions about Austin ISD pop-up COVID-19 vaccine clinics can be directed to email@example.com, or you can visit the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.