Austin ISD Families,
Thank you for your partnership this year. As you know, our students took the STAAR tests earlier this spring as one of many ways to measure student learning. The STAAR tests will help schools and teachers better understand where students may have gaps from the disruptions to learning caused by the pandemic. Teachers will use STAAR results along with other information to co-create learning plans with families to jumpstart learning next year.
STAAR scores will be posted to the Austin ISD Parent Portal based on the assessment, following the calendar below:
|STAAR Alternative 2||June 1|
|April/May STAAR End of Course||June 15|
|May STAAR 5th/8th Grade Math/Reading||June 21|
|May STAAR 3-8 Grade||June 28|
|April STAAR 4th/7th Grade Writing||June 28|
|TELPAS/TELPAS Alternate||July 19|
- Log into the Austin ISD Parent Portal.
- Navigate to the Frontline SIS Parent Self Service tile.
- You will be directed to log into Frontline Education using your same User ID and Password as the Austin ISD parent portal.
- Once logged in, click on the Texas Assessment Parent Portal link next to your student’s name.
- The Texas Assessment page will open and list all STAAR results, with the most recent listed at the top. These results will include detailed breakdowns in each subject, identifying your child’s strengths as well as areas where they may need additional support.
Parents have shared that seeing which questions their child got incorrect has been the most useful. You will also see easy-to-use resources that can be used at home over the remainder of the summer focused on the skills your child needs the most support with.
We expect STAAR scores will likely be lower for many students this year. Many of them have experienced trauma and loss in addition to the disruption in classroom instruction. You can help ease stress by letting your child know that this year, STAAR is only meant to help teachers and parents better support their learning.
The partnership between families and schools has never been more important. We encourage you to log in and learn more. Use this information along with your own observations from the past year and your child’s grades to create a learning plan with teachers in the fall to help your child succeed.
Thank you again for your ongoing partnership in your child’s education! We wish you and your family a healthy and restful summer.
Austin ISD Systemwide Testing