Graduation is less than two months away and we wanted to make sure our families have the most up-to-date information for our ceremony. Below is a synopsis of the information available at this time.
- Date and time: Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 2 pm.
- Location: Toney Burger Activity Center, 3200 Jones Road, Austin, TX 78745 Doors will open at 1 pm.
- Limited capacity: The Burger center has a limited number of seats. Each graduate is allowed to have 8 guests attend the ceremony in person. There will be options to view the ceremony online for family and friends who are unable to attend in person.
- Graduates will need to arrive by 1 pm. (We will hold a meeting with the senior class in late May to go over everything for graduation.)
- Shuttle service: AISD will be offering a shuttle service from McCallum HS to Toney Burger Activity Center. Shuttles will depart from the north parking lot (parking lot by FM 2222, the band practice lot) starting at 12 pm.
- Clear bag policy: All AISD facilities follow AISD’s clear bag policy. Please plan accordingly.
- This is a formal event so please refrain from using artificial noise makers.
- All graduates must wear the approved graduation regalia. We switched our graduation gown for the class of 2020, so any gowns purchased before that year may not be worn this year.
- Graduates are expected to wear appropriate clothing under their graduation gowns.
- Herff Jones will be on campus on April 22nd to distribute graduation items.
- There is still time to order a gown through Herff Jones.
- Please reach out to your child’s assistant principal if you are unable to buy a gown. We do have a limited number of gowns available to borrow for the ceremony.
- AISD media will televise the graduation ceremonies on AISD TV.
- You can view the ceremony on:
- AISD Facebook page
- AISD Channel 22 (view online, or check you local cable provider for channel information)
We realize graduation is the culmination of 13 years worth of work for each student. We want to see every one of our SENIORS walk across the stage on June 2nd ready to take the next steps in their lives. We need your help over the next two months to make sure each student is able to walk the stage. Please remind your senior to finish this year off strong!
Thank you for your help!!!
Assistant Principal, McCallum HS