Dear McCallum Caregivers,
The following message detailing the spring final exam waivers will be posted for students as a Blend Announcement for the next week. Applying for a final exam waiver is the responsibility of the student but your advice and guidance is always welcome. Applications are due by 4:35 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11. We will not take late applications.
Final Exam Waiver Information – Spring 2022
It’s almost Spring Final Exam time! We will be offering final exam waivers for students who qualify. As a reminder, please look at the following diagram to understand the waiver system: Final
All grades are eligible for exam waivers in courses they meet the exam waiver criteria. We highly recommend you confirm with your teacher that you are passing before you apply for a waiver in that class.
NOTE: 9TH – 11TH grade students may not waive the final for same class they waived in the fall
- Passing with a 70 in the course you are requesting to waive
- Meet the 90% attendance threshold in the course you are requesting to waive
- No disciplinary actions that resulted in a suspension, including ISS, home suspension, or removal to ALC
- No more than 10 tardies combined
- 9TH – 11TH grade students may not waive the final for same class they waived in the fall.
After carefully considering your options, please apply for a final exam waiver here:
- 9th Grade Exam Waiver
Application – Maximum 1 Final
- 10th Grade Exam Waiver
Application – Maximum 2 Finals
- 11th Grade Exam Waiver
Application – Maximum 3 Finals
- 12th Grade Exam Waivers– Seniors who meet the eligibility requirements are able to waive all finals for the Spring Semester (no application form necessary). Teachers and students will communicate with each other to confirm eligibility. Students must attend the exam period. Absence from the final will make the waiver null and void.
All applications are DUE by 4:35 p.m. on Wednesday, May 11th. Late applications will not be considered. Teachers will inform students of their waiver status during classes on May 18th and 19th.
IMPORTANT: Students must attend the final exam period and complete a replacement activity. The final exam grade will be the average of the two grading periods. Absence from the final will make the waiver null and void and will result in a 0. Please reach out if you have any questions.
A.N. McCallum High School