The McCallum Key Club is a service organization affiliated with Kiwanis International. It is the largest student-led club at McCallum and the largest Key Club operating in a Central Texas High School. McCallum students who participate in Key Club perform service projects around Austin and Central Texas in support of the mission of Kiwanis International – to serve the children of the world. During the 2015 – 2016 school year, McCallum Key Club volunteers completed 27 community service projects and provided over 750 hours of volunteer work to Austin schools and organizations.
Any student at McCallum can join the Key Club by paying the membership fee and completing the membership application. The Key Club membership fee ($25) covers insurance/registration with Key Club International and a McCallum Key Club t-shirt.
Please complete the following steps to join the McCallum Key Club:
- Click on this link to sign in or create an account on AISD’s School Cash Online Website. Pay the McCallum Key Club membership fee with a credit card and PRINT YOUR RECEIPT! https://austinisd.
- Complete the McCallum Key Club Membership Application at this link:
- Bring a printed copy of your payment receipt or confirmation email to Ms. Shin’s room (#145) and pick up your McCallum Key Club T-Shirt.
- Visit the McCallum Key Club 2016 – 2017 Facebook page linked here and submit a request to be added as a member: https://www.facebook.com/
These and other interesting service projects have been planned by McCallum Key Club officers for the fall semester:
- Keep Austin Beautiful Lake Travis Clean Up
- Austin Film Festival
- The University of Texas Natural History Collections
- Texas Book Festival
*Participation in service projects coordinated by the McCallum Key Club requires membership in the club!
McCallum Key Club volunteers helped with food and fluid distribution at the 2016 Austin Marathon finish line.