Dear McCallum Families,
We have a vaccine opportunity available for our AISD Community 16 years of age and older. This opportunity is being hosted by The Austin Latino Coalition. No Appointment required!
- Date: Friday, May 14, 2021
- Time: 3:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Location: McCallum High School (5600 Sunshine Dr, Austin, TX 78756), Cafeteria
- Clinic Type: Walk-in
- Vaccine available: Pfizer (first dose)
- Please wear a mask or face covering for your entire visit.
- We will conduct a touchless-thermometer temperature check prior to vaccine administration.
Note: As of today, this clinic is open to anyone ages 16 and older. The Food and Drug Administration approved the vaccine for ages 12-15, but Austin ISD is still awaiting updated guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our vaccine provider partners before offering the vaccine to students in that age range. We are hopeful that approval will happen by Friday; however, there is no guarantee at this time that we will be able to serve the 12-15 age group at the upcoming clinic.
We want everyone in our community to be safe and get back to hugging our families and friends, and shaking hands with our neighbors. Getting the COVID-19 vaccine adds the best available protection for you and your loved ones. Here are some key points about the COVID-19 vaccine:
- Covid-19 vaccines are safe and effective.
- You may have side effects after vaccination, but these are normal.
- It typically takes two weeks after you are fully vaccinated for the body to build protection (immunity) against the virus that causes COVID-19.
- People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things that they had stopped doing because of the pandemic.
- Now that there are authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines in the United States, accurate vaccine information is critical and can help stop common myths and rumors.
Watch this video about the COVID-19 Vaccine https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Questions can be directed to the AISD Department of Health Services at email@example.com.
McCallum High School