Dear Mac Students and Families,
I hope you are well and safe at home. I have some updates to pass on about how next week will look. McCallum has had damage from the winter storm and crews have been there working this weekend. They will continue early tomorrow morning. We do not currently have water on campus but hope to have it soon.
This Week’s schedule
- Monday and Tuesday
No school for students on Monday or Tuesday
- Wednesday and Thursday
We will hold classes virtually and connect with our students through Zoom. We will not have in-person learning on these days.
As previously planned, Friday will be asynchronous remote (no Zooms).
Our regular program with in-person learning will begin again on March 1. Since we are no longer in Stage 5, our staff will be (mostly) back on campus, ready to serve students. Please reach out to your student’s assistant principal (AP) if you would like to move from virtual to in-person learning. You can find your student’s AP by their last name:
- A-Dd – Sophia Sherline – firstname.lastname@example.org
- De-Hq – Andy Baxa – email@example.com
- Hr – Mi – Gabe Reyes – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mo – Sd – Larry Featherstone – email@example.com
- Se – Z – Tamara Stone – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 4th 6-weeks grading period was originally scheduled to end on Friday, February 19.
- The grading period now ends on Tuesday, February 23.
- Teachers will be able work with students through Wednesday, February 24 to turn in missing assignments.
Please know that we will extend as much grace as we can and work with our students. This week at McCallum will be dedicated to reconnecting with students and giving them time to complete this 6-weeks successfully.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I’m here to help.
McCallum High School