An important message from the Austin ISD Technology Department
Exchange Locations for Chromebooks Needing Repairs
Families with AISD Chromebooks that need repair can bring them to one of the following locations between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm each weekday: Anderson High School, 8403 Mesa Drive;
- Austin High School, 1715 W. Cesar Chavez St.;
- Crockett High School, 5601 Manchaca Road; and
- The AISD Performing Arts Center, 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd.
For all of the details (including information about Chromebook and WiFi access during Covid-19) please visit: https://www.austinisd.org/covid19/chromebooks
Families will drive through, safely leave their broken Chromebook, and receive a working device. You can also get replacement Lenovo or Samsung chargers. Dell chargers will be available after about May 1.
- This is not a help desk, and no repairs will be done while you wait.
- Students do not have to be present. Students will receive a replacement device that might be different from the one they had.
- Students whose devices are working but who need technical support, or students who need a Chromebook issued to them, should call the student help desk at 512-414-4357.
Visit bit.ly/aisdcomputerwait for approximate wait times at each location.
A Student of Family Member Must Bring:
- The Student’s Chromebook
- The charger (if you have one)
- A piece of paper with:
- The student’s full legal name
- The student’s ID number, and
- A description of the problem (example: “won’t turn on,” “cracked screen,” etc.)
Staff Must Bring:
- Your computer
- Complete a ServiceNow ticket prior to coming, and print a copy of the ticket. (If you cannot print, please write down the ticket number.)
Staff must back up all files prior to arriving.
Staff will either receive a Chromebook or must return in 1-2 weeks when notified that their laptop has been repaired.