Dear McCallum Family,
I hope this newsletter finds you all healthy and safe. It seems that the situation we are in is rapidly evolving, so I wanted to send another update with what I know to this point:
- School closure has been extended to April 13 to match city ordinance. This simply refers to the closing of the building, in that we will not have classes on campus. Online learning for students is still set to begin April 6th.
- Dr. Cruz has stated that we should prepare ourselves for school closure to possibly last longer.
- Prom has been rescheduled for May 9. I hope, hope, hope we can make it happen. I will keep you posted on any news.
- We are not allowed to access campus for any reason at this time. I realize there are items that need to be retrieved, but we cannot do this until the city lifts the shelter order.
- Students taking AP, OnRamps, and/or dual credit classes – the overseeing entities of these classes (College Board, UT, and ACC, respectively) can/have their own policies for how they proceed. Students need to make sure they are in contact with their teachers/professors to stay current on this information. Also, students in these classes need to fill out THIS FORM to let us know current technology capabilities.
- Students taking DELTA courses need to continue working on those credits! You can/should work on these right now!
- More detailed information will be coming out about grading (previous assignments and future) in the coming days. These policies require district approval, so it takes some time. I’m expecting to be able to push this information by early next week.
- Everyone’s health and safety remains the number one priority. Please take care of yourselves!
Once again, the McCallum faculty is dedicated to working with all of our students in order to ensure their success. Thank you for your continued patience with us as we work through new normal.
We are in this together. #GoKnights #MACstrong
Principal Hosack Provides Another Update Through ‘The Shield’
A new podcast is out! On Wednesday, March 25th, McCallum students Julia Kay Smith and Stella Shenkman once again interviewed Principal Brandi Hosack about the latest information regarding school closures and what’s ahead.
The interview was published online in McCallum’s award-winning student newspaper, The Shield. CLICK HERE to access the article which includes a link to the podcast.