Quite timely, this revolutionary masterpiece comes to the stage again with MacTheatre’s world premiere re-imagining of Animal Farm.
After revolting against the reign of their negligent human master, the animals of Mr. Jones’s farm create their own ideal society in which all animals are equal and rules are set by democratic vote. It’s all working well until the allure of power leads the animals to a chilling fate. Animal Farm illustrates how new tyranny replaces old and power corrupts even the noblest of causes. This thought-provoking, political theatre is something everyone should see.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://mccallum.ludustickets.com/
- Student tickets are $7; adults are $16, and seniors are $12. Please add $2 for tickets purchased at the door, except at the student rate.
- Some English classes who are reading Animal Farm will receive extra credit for attending; check with your teacher.
- Rates for groups of 10 or more are automatically discounted 10% on the online checkout page.
- Opening night is Thesipan Night/Middle School Night. There will be a talk back with the cast and crew after the show AND middle schoolers and their chaperones get in for $7 each. Simply select the student rate at checkout.
- Animal Farm runs May 11 -13th at 7 pm and Sunday May 14th at 2 pm.
- Location is the McCallum Fine Arts Building Theatre.
In 2016 and 2015 Austin Entertainment Weekly named MacTheatre as the Most Outstanding Academic Theatre in Austin along with St. Edward’s University. More information on MacTheatre’s 63rd season can be found at http://mactheatre.com/