Fine Arts Academy
Awards and Accomplishments
- Attracts families back to AISD’s public school system from private, charter, and home schools.
- Sends most graduates on to 4-year colleges.
- Increased Fine Arts Academy enrollment from 17 in 1994 to over 500 today.
- Enlarged the full-time fine arts faculty to now 20 (supervising 10 fine arts areas of study) in order to
- have a highly-qualified professional as the teacher of record for every arts course and
- to meet the artistic and educational needs of McCallum students.
- Expanded program offerings by adding a four-year technical theatre track, a cinematic arts major, a collaborative piano program, string instrumental technique classes and more every year.
- Bolstered Academy visibility with a professionally designed logo, creation and maintenance of the Academy website, and increased social media coverage.
- Designed and successfully raised funds to create the Fine Arts Courtyard. This landscaped area now has covered picnic area and an amphitheater with a stage and tiered seating.
- Dedicated the McCallum Arts Center in 2011, which houses three new art classrooms and a 500-seat theatre and shop space.
- Celebrated the 20th anniversary of the Fine Arts Academy in 2014.
- Celebrated McCallum’s GRAMMY® Foundation awards as a GRAMMY® Signature School finalist in 2005 and then again as the #1 National GRAMMY® Signature School in 2015.
- See the individual program pages for awards won by various departments within the Academy.
See information that is wrong or needs an update? Contact the webmaster. Page last modified: