Fine Arts Academy
New Student Information
Welcome to the McCallum High School Fine Arts Academy family!
We hope that you find success both in and out of your creative and academic experiences during your years here. To get you started, we have provided a few items that you may find useful.
- Please join the McCallum Fine Arts Academy Facebook page. Details of the information below and more will be communicated both through this tool as well as email.
- Each year there are a few constants to prepare you for life as a MAC high school student.
- Expo Knight: Held every year at the end of February for current MAC students, you will learn more about becoming a MAC family, about the various academic disciplines and clubs, and have an opportunity to speak to teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators about your course choices.
- Around the end of the school year, MAC holds a new student orientation/open house. The event is designed to prepare students for life in high school.
- In August, prior to the start of the school year, is Back to MAC. Run by the student council and guidance counselors, this event helps students register for classes (if they did not do so in March) and/or change their classes. It is also an opportunity to look at your 4-year graduation plan with your counselor (Freshmen create their graduation plan Spring semester with counselors). Students will learn a bit about becoming a new student and take a tour of the school.
- The Fine Arts Academy also hold events specifically for our new majors.
- Academy Choice Knights: Shortly after spring break, new majors are invited to come to sessions to learn about and choose their first year Academy classes. This event is a great opportunity to get your specific questions answered about scheduling.
- Academy New Student and Parent Orientation: Prior to the start of school in August, all new majors are expected to attend this fun and informative community building event. Designed with our majors in mind, we strive to build a culture of collaboration across the fine arts disciplines with unexpected activities. Students also learn about important policies and receive the updated handbook necessary to stay successful as well as useful high school organizational and time management strategies.
- The current Fine Arts Academy Student and Famillies Handbook 2018-19yr