Hi Class of 2022 students and families,
I am happy to have had a chance to visit this lovely group of seniors in each of your English classes to set you up in Naviance and show you some tips on how to use Naviance throughout the college application process. I hope it helped!
Listed below are some important dates to mark in your calendar:
- 9/15 at 6 pm – College Knight! in the MAC Library (Mrs. Nix will host a College 101 session for parents while High School 101 is happening for 9th grade parents)
- 9/22 at 12pm – College Knight! virtual option via Zoom – Contact Mrs. Nix for Zoom link
- 10/1 – FAFSA window opens! (Remember that HB3 requires all seniors regardless of financial status to complete the FAFSA)
- more information to come regarding FAFSA (For now, just mark your calendars!)
- 10/12 – FAFSA workshop 8:30 am to 12:30 pm with the Austin Chamber of Commerce (virtual option)
- 10/21 – TACRAO College Fair at Delco Center from 1-3 pm (Must register with Mrs. Nix to attend!)
- 11/6 – FAFSA workshop 8 am to 12 pm in the McCallum Library
A few takeaways from my visits to your class are the following:
- Students do NOT need an appointment to come see Mrs. Nix
- Sign up for the college site visits here on our campus. You don’t want to miss a chance to meet with an Admissions Rep!
- The application process does NOT have to be daunting. Seek help early and often! I am here for you.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.